Wednesday, July 20, 2005

*whimper*

My left shoulder started clicking last week at the gym.

Tonight I was doing an inverted-fly and it started popping. Loud. By the time I got home it was absolutely throbbing. Shit. I swear, I have a very high tolerance for pain (that should be obvious, given my kinks. *grin*). But gosh. I haven't been sore like this since a car wreck I had when some crazed lady in a mini-van tried to kill me late last year. My shoulder frikkin HURTS.
How long does it take for a rotator cuff (sp?) to heal anyway?

On the bright side, I went up in all my weights and rotation lengths today.

Yay me.

We gave sex a shot tonight, but you'd be surprised how hard it is to keep an entire arm stable during.....uhm.....thrusting. The-Man-Who-Pleasures-Me is NOT HAPPY because now he has to be more gentle with me.

Damnit.

I don't like gentle.

I had to pop a vicodan afterwards. Youch.

This has the potential to seriously fuck up my crazy little sex life.

*sob*

So yes my Flowers, I am blogging under-the-influence. My eyes are beginning to feel a bit crossed as the vicodan is beginning to kick in.

Since I don't want to end this on a downer note, and I get mushy when I'm under-the-influence, I think I will end the *whimper* post by talking about someone I care for very deeply.

I have this incredibly wonderful male in my life. He is clever and amusing. God he makes me laugh. He's soooo cute. He's smart as hell. Even though he doesn't always understand me, he's the greatest listener. He really likes me. Sometimes he drives me crazy, like earlier today, but it is soooo worth an occasional aggravation to have him in my life. So, I'd like to send a special shout out to.....my dog. Just watch the left arm for a while, ok Puppy?

13 comments:

RBP said...

What's the puppy's name? I guess being perverted and a republican, you might have named him Jerry (as in Falwell).

Sorry to hear about your injury, but glad to hear you can still lay there and take a pounding.

Anonymous said...

you can prolly do a Google on ''rotator cuff'' and get lotZ of info on your condition. U need to get a proper diagnosis however to be sure it isn't sumpin else. But,hey, you already knew that. Don't let this thing slide, cuz us readers out here in the vast right wing need your valued commentary on things. And yes, missie, I will want to be copied on ALL your treatment(s)

Anonymous said...

Wow, your doggie is a very very lucky uh, man, heh!\

But yeah, rotater cuff. Ouch. I hate hate HATE doing shoulders at the gym. I am always grunting and cussing during all the different sets.

I think I may have disturbed the gay desk guy the other day. Or maybe he liked it? Good god that's not an image I want in my brain!!!

Blondage said...

Yo RBP! I see you put the next part of your story up. Woo hoo! Looking forward to reading it today with my morning coffee. *giggling* The Puppy thinks his name is Puppy, because that is what I always call him. It drives the other half insane because the other half named Puppy after someone....but his name is Puppy now. *grin* And as for the pounding, it was more like....a watered down pound. LOL But it is certainly nice to be appreciated for the trooper that I am. ;)

johndeerebilly, aw man. Now you've got me all verklimpt. I promise I will go to the doctor. I know I will be writing about my gimpy arm some more. Good blog fodder. I promise I will keep you in the loop. :)

HPF, the dog is a sweet boy. I wasn't really into dogs before, but this one sorta has me wrapped. Damnit. I suppose that's why I let him get away with murder. ;)And yes, shoulders suck. The Wee General totally kicked my ass yesterday.

Tesco, that's what my trainer says, it's about the form. She watches me like a hawk, and she said she didn't notice me doing anything wrong. Who knows what the heck I did. Probably really happened when I was tied to the bed. hehehehehe Damnit. As far as the bad thing that happened...I can't really go in to the details because the secret I stumbled upon is one I promised to keep. Uhmmm...how can I put this in general terms...someone I care about did a bit of tap-dancing/dodging, to protect a secret. I can sympathize/understand it a bit, because this blog is my own secret (though with three or four people, it's not sooooo secret. *Grin*). What bugged me the most is that person should have known I could be trusted with it all.

I'd tell ya more if I could, but I kinda have to leave it at that. I hate to be a cock-tease about it.

Anonymous said...

uh hem IM ME!!!!!!

Maeve said...

MMMMMM Vicodin!
You might want to try some gulcosamin for your shoulder. It is suppose to help with joint support. I use it when my shoulder and or knee start flaring up.

Blondage said...

Maeve, I just started taking it today. How long does it take to start working?

*moan*

Please, lie to me and say it's fast.

Anonymous said...

Hey blondage,

I tore my left rotator cuff playing flag football but I didn't know I had done it. I basically put it in a sling and didn't move it which was the worst thing I could do. If you think you tore your rotator cuff you need to see an orthopedic doc right away because the pain won't go away it will get worse and you'll start heading towards a condition called frozen shoulder. I was on vacation when my shoulder really started to hurt especially when I would try to sleep. The doc told me I needed surgery but wanted me to start a rehab regimen before the surgery to get some of the muscle tone back around the shoulder (it was already starting to atrophy). I felt better after two weeks of rehab and the doc told me to keep on doing it to see how good I could get it without surgery. I rehabbed it for 2 months and avoided the surgery. So there's good news but get to the doctor.

by the way I'm waiting for the picture of your toybox

Blondage said...

Hey! APR!!!! I thought I lost ya!!!!!

Thank you for the advice on the gimpy arm. It is actually getting a lot better. I was able to work out biceps and triceps without it hurting, so maybe it was sort of a sprain or something.

Email me and I'll send you the toybox pic. blondagegrrrl@yahoo.com

heheheheheheheheee

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://orjqjewi.com/dzak/dusc.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xeycrfdi.com/pyfy/zmmm.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://orjqjewi.com/dzak/dusc.html | http://tjykdnty.com/xrqx/vorr.html

DestructiveCriticism said...

Crazed women in mini-vans smashing into you, then a shoulder injury...
.
.
[putting on latex gloves]
.
.
Clearly you need "Dr. DC" to examine and (ahem) "treat" you!!

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...