And no, you pervs, this is not a post about masturbation. Maybe tomorrow!
I was having this slightly odd but good conversation with someone about the concept of pleasure versus pain last night. I totally rattled that very nice person (sorry!) with my enthusiam for the subject, and the conversation went all over the place...I'm so blonde......and I never got to finish my explanation. I promised to write about it today, so here we go.
Pleasure versus pain.
I started writing my explanation this morning.....but then something sorta....well.....I hesitate to use the word bad...but it certainly wasn't fun.......happened today that through me for a loop and freaked my ass out for a bit.
And it got me thinking.
Don't be scared my Flowers. It's going to take me a minute, but I swear I have a point.
The balance of pleasure versus pain is not strictly a "BDSM" thing.
All of life is about that delicate, and sometimes fragile balance between pleasure and pain, good things happening and bad things happening. Take this not-so-good thing that happened today. Am I glad it happened? Yes and no, but mostly yes. No, because who wants to be upset! But yes, because *singing* I can see clearly now the rain is gone......(tho that isn't exactly true, it's pouring outside, but you know what I mean)......and certain things make more sense....and I think everything is officially out on the table now, so to speak. It had better be or that person will officially go on the spanking list. Grrrrrr.
When you are in a relationship with anyone - friend, lover, spouse, handsome pool boy.......there's always going to be something you have to ignore, overlook, forgive or forget to keep them in your life. The "Bad". No one is perfect. Well, except for me. *grin*
My other half throws his boxers on the floor every night, drinks out of a milk carton, and doesn't understand that dishes do not magically make their way from the sink-to-the-dishwasher-to-the-cabinet, but I'm not going to kick him out of my life for any of it.
So, having the experience of the not-so-good episode today gave me a lot to think about, and, I hope, is going to help me explain what I was trying to explain to that very nice but slightly nervous person last night.
I've been accused all my life of only seeing "the good" in people. Gets me in trouble all the time. Now here is where my noodle got bent today - maybe that is part of the BDSM fire for me? I don't dwell on the pain, just like I don't dwell on the bad in people. I can't "see" the bad anymore than I can "feel" the bad. I get in to this "zone", where all that exists is me and the person I am with, and that's all I see, all I care about. I'm....incredibly focused.
Sometimes to get the good, the earth-shattering world-rocking reward as it were, you have to take the bad and absorb it. You get your back up, you find the strength to keep plugging away, stay in that situation, you take it, you take the pain, because you know in the end the good, that "reward", will be and IS so worth it. I could be talking about any life situation in this paragraph - toughing it out in a rocky marriage, forgiving a friend or lover for a lie or deception, toughing it out at a job you don't like much....anything in your life could apply.
But that's what BDSM is like for me. I absorb the snap of a crop or a slap of a hand. It's not always easy, sometimes it does hurt, sometimes I do feel that pain, but the need for the ultimate reward, the incredibly good, kickass orgasm that I absolutely know and trust is headed my way, overpowers any momentary doubt that I may experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
14 comments:
I'm not saying I don't like ANY of the pain..I do love me a good spankin'....And I agree Triple Zoom, it does add to it. That and the "denial of pleasure fullfillment" gets me every time....
Yum.
Riding crops are fun. *wiggles eyebrows*
Hey Zoomie, you know what I left out? "Subspace".
That's where I go.
I may have to revise this post a bit later...
Or write one just about subspace.
mmmmMMMMMMmmmmmm
Sorry, I'm not into that pain thing. Pleasure - ALL pleasure. If it causes me pain...well....I look for pleasure elsewhere.
Nipple clamps are as far as i've gone into the pain. It feels great during, but damn does it hurt like hell the next day!
-SS
SS, I totally agree. The next day can be rough. Especially if they were the "clover" kind. Youch! I much prefer the sliding/adjustable sort. You don't get quite so sore. Oomph.
One of the worst things I ever had sprung on me was clothespins. Listen up my Flowers, do NOT let anyone near you with a frikkin plastic clothes pin. SAFE WORD! SAFE WORD!!!!!!
There you go with those 'balls' again! Spicy balls? And nipples? Please say yes!!! lol...
I totally see what you are saying.
I think it's natural that we as humans igonre the little bad things when looking at the overall picture for the greater good.
I mean I see nothing wrong with drinking from a milk carton, 2 liter coke bottle or orange juice container!!! Perfectly fine!
Yes I have been threatened with bodily harm if I ever do it again, which of course, I do. Because you know, I reject authority. Keeping me down!
But anyway, I'm sure that person you were talking about realizes what you are saying and would never, ever want to be on the 'spanking list'.
HPF, I hope you are right about that person, because (A.) I put a lot of blood-sweat-and-proverbial-tears in to that relationship and (B.) with my gimpy arm right now, spanking would be pretty painful for me.
*moan*
;)
BBF, there's always different degrees of this. We'll have to discuss it over balls. ROFL
I totally hear you. While I can't stand a spanking or an ass-whipping, I'm always up for a crop across my back and shoulders. It's hard to explain it others, as to why I like it, so it usually results in the "some abuse victims continue to be victims, some become abusers, and others become sexually fucked up and just enjoy a good beating."
hiya fc! Welcome! *grin*
I love crops too. Yum.
And I agree 100% - it is definitely hard to explain.
Well done!
[url=http://jcszrxoi.com/jjju/zbtg.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vxdatwtj.com/nith/xvvh.html]Cool site[/url]
Good design!
http://jcszrxoi.com/jjju/zbtg.html | http://eszhugmk.com/ofxk/btko.html
Hi, everyone you have a great blog here! Check out this site pussy site. a lot of cool stuff here about pussy .
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Post a Comment