I am sitting here at work, staring at my label maker on my desk. I tend to go on a tangent and label things that don't really need to have labels. I like to do files within files within files within files.... I may sound like an organizational freak, but that's sooooo not me. I am not one of those people that has to have everything exactly in it's place. No no no (I believe in "organized chaos". I always know exactly where everything is, but YOU will never find where I hid the bodies.). I just like to categorize things.....well, that and I love to play with the buttons on my nifty little label machine. ;)
I had a smartass ask me once if I was going to stick a label on his forehead that said "boyfriend" and one on my pet's forehead that said "cat". I paused to consider the idea, and decided against it. He bites. So does the cat.
*rim shot*
This playing-around-with-the-proverbial-label-machine thing carries over in to people/relationships/etc for me. Sometimes I feel this overwhelming need to categorize people -- Companion, Acquaintance, Friend, Best Friend, Confidant, Lover, Significant Other, Hero, Asshole, Jerk-Off, Terrorist Fuck, etc...
I used to spend a lot of time thinking about how to file those of us who are friends through the vaporous matter that is the blogosphere, but have never met in real life.
Do you guys think about that? Is this real? It feels like it to me. I guess like in all matters, it means something different to each individual.
I've finally made peace with my failure to tie this up (hehehee) with a pretty bow. There's not really a conventional label for us. And for some reason, for once, I have grown to be ok with that. I even like it that way.
Fuck conventional. I'm enjoying myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
4 comments:
"organised chaos" sums up my whole house. My alter is the worst! LOL
*grinning*
You should see my master bathroom closet. The other half swears I own every hair care product, magic beauty potion, cosmetic, and shade of nail polish ever produced.
Tht closet is definitely......chaotic....
But damn I love it. My own store.
I love finding things you forgot you had. It's like winning the lottery.
Maeve....ohhhh yes I LOVE that. I love finding a cute little outfit in my closet that I forgot I bought (I'm a shopaholic. It's a sickness.).
;)
Hiya blackops,
Welcome to the party! I loved that story you wrote on your site about Oz.
I work on the weekends a lot, so it's not a big deal for me, but thank you! The only thing that kinda blows about it is that there's hardly anyone floating around the blogosphere to play with!
:)
Post a Comment