Chocolate An Aphrodisiac? Chocolate was thought to have aphrodisiac qualities by the Aztecs, so when it was first introduced to Europe it was natural that people continued to associate it with love. The reasons for this are associated with the observed affects of chocolate on human behavior.Soooo......wanna get lucky? Buy me some Godiva truffles, and it's ON!
Chocolate contains substances called Phenylethylamine and Seratonin, both of which (put simply), are mood lifting agents found naturally in the human brain. They are released into the nervous system by the brain when we are happy and when we are experiencing feelings of love, passion or lust. This causes rapid mood change, a rise in blood pressure and increasing heart rate, inducing those feelings of well being, bordering on euphoria usually associated with being in love.
Eating chocolate also releases Phenylethylamine and Seratonin into the system producing those same euphoric effects, plus it can give a substantial energy boost thus increasing stamina (at the critical moment?), so it's probably these effects which gave rise to chocolates reputation as an aphrodisiac.
Recent research suggests that women are more susceptible to the effects of Phenylethylamine and Seratonin than men, although Casanova is said to have consumed chocolate before frolicking with his conquests, but there's no mention of him actually sharing it with them.
So there you have it, calling Chocolate an aphrodisiac is probably stretching it a bit, but eating chocolate does make you feel good and can actually induce or 'mimic' the feelings of being in love...
So, aphrodisiac or not, if you want to ensure your loved one’s devotion, a gift of chocolate is the way to do it and you can’t do better than a gift of our Ecstasy chocolate, handmade in the English countryside, specially for a loved one! .
Written By: Janet Vine - Aphrodite Handmade Chocolates.
Thursday, July 14, 2005
I smell sex and candy....
I've always loved chocolate. It makes me tingly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
8 comments:
I have chocolate body paints and chocolate body pudding. Oh! and there is now 'spanish fly' coffee!!!
-SS
Spanish Fly coffee?!?!?!? OH MY! Where do you get THAT!!! NEED SOME!
I've got chocolate body paints too. Yum.
And chocolate syrup and whipped cream will do in a pinch.
;)
Dark chocolate's actually good for you. The lighter chocolate is more junk-foodish because of the sugars and fats, but if you find any of that with natural ingredients, that can be healthy food, too.
If you want a really huge rush though, try some raw cacao beans. Do it on a weekend though, because you might not get any sleep that night.
If I served up a chunk of chocolate to bbfoh, he would accuse me of trying to kill him...snicker. You see, people with MVP, who have PVC's are not supposed to eat chocolate. Poor doll. Guess I'll have to eat his share! Godiva....shiver.....
Cig, cool. I will stick with dark godiva truffles. *giggling* Prolly not that much better for me because of that whole "truffle" part though.... ;)
BBF, I can't remember the last time we skipped across the street to the Godiva store.... Hmmmmm.....
A lot of chocolate's effects come from the high amount of magnesium in it. If you want the same effect without the calories you can go to the vitamin store and get magnesium..in the capsules and about 400mg strength.
Magnesium huh. I am soooooo buying some today.
*grin*
Perfect timing for the weekend. Woo hoo!!!!!
Thanks for the tip!!!
cool! A blog where raw food health matters! Cool ! :)
Post a Comment