Saturday, July 16, 2005

One of the best break-up-songs ever

Tesco, one of the coolest guys I've met during my travels in the blogosphere, has been posting about one of my all time favorite bands -- Bauhaus .

If you've been through a break-up recently, or hell, even not so recently, listen to the song "Crowds", available via Tesco here .

It includes the lyrics
"For you I came to forsake
Lay wide despise and hate
I sing of you in my demented songs
For you and your stimulations
Take what you can of me
Rip what you can off me
And this I'll say to you
And hope that it gets through
You worthless bitch
You fickle shit"

God I love that song.

For the complete lyrics, click here .

Peter Murphy fucking rules.

PS
If you like industrial, Tesco also provides a kick ass remix version of Front 242's Headhunter Loves it.

8 comments:

Blondage said...

Yes Tesco, I believe I know the girl you are speaking of. LoL!

I can't get enough of Peter. I think someone on your site called his music "mesmerizing". I thought that was a great way to describe him and his music.

I get completely lost in him.

Blondage said...

In your wife's defense.....Bon Jovi does have a more pinchable ass than Peter's artistically boney one...

But Peter is still the one who revs my proverbial motor.

;)

Rachelle Jones said...

Peter Murphy.....ahhh......

"Deep" must be in everyones top 20 CD's.....

Rachelle Jones said...

BTW I wouldn't fuck Bruce Springsteen, with Jon Bon Jovi's pussy.....

Blondage said...

Hiya Army Wife! I am actually listening to Deep right now. Too cool.

That album is my favorite of Peter's solo ones. I like Love Hysteria and Cascade and even Dust (have you heard that one? middle-eastern funkiness)....but Deep is hands down the best.

Springsteen does absolutely nothing for me.

Rachelle Jones said...

I have Love Hysteria as well...very good, might even like it better than deep, forgot about it, must go digging through my music......

Unknown said...

Will have to check some of it out. One of my old roommates had a girlfriend who was into all of the deathrocker goth shit back in the mid to late 80's, I heard Bela Lugosi's Dead until I puked. I actually like it, finally found the mp3 and subjected the kids to it on my roadtrip this week.

Blondage said...

LOL! I went through a period of time where I couldn't listen to that track either.

Peter's solo stuff is great. Definitely worth checking out, but you probably will have to order it on amazon.com. I've never seen it at Best Buy.

Plus amazon.com has clips so that you can listen to it before you make an investment. :)

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...