Friday, August 05, 2005

But can it dangle?

I got in to a lively discussion today about the "Joys of the F word".

I love the word Fuck.

I enjoy saying it.

I enjoy doing it.

I love that it is multi-use.

It can be a noun, a verb, and adjective....

During my conversation, don't know where it came from, but "dangling participle" popped in to my head. Can "Fuck" dangle? And, of course, once I got started on that path....I couldn't stop laughing....and I had to play with google....

"Walking back home yesterday, a tree nearly fell on my head. If strict logic is applied to that sentence, it should mean that the tree was walking back home: the subject of the main clause of a sentence (here, a tree) is assumed to be the subject of a phrase attached to the main clause – as in Being shy, she never said a word."
Hmmmm....

Fucking him hard, the bed moved across the floor....?

I don't think that's quite right. Give it a go in the comments, my dear dear Flowers.

- - -

While I was surfing for uses for the F word, and I found this kick ass list.

Someone actually put together a list of films that use the word fuck in them more than a hundred times. They even figured out how many times the word is used PER MINUTE. Rock on!


  1. The Devil's Rejects (2005), 560 (100 minutes: 5.6 fucks/min)
  2. Nil by Mouth (1997), 470 (128 minutes: 3.67 fucks/min)
  3. Casino (1995), 422 (178 minutes: 2.37 fucks/min)
  4. Martin Lawrence Live: Runteldat (2002), 347 (113 minutes: 3.07 fucks/min)
  5. Summer of Sam (1999), 326 (142 minutes: 2.29 fucks/min)
  6. Twin Town (1997), 320 (99 minutes: 3.23 fucks/min)
  7. Ken Loach's Sweet Sixteen (2002), 313 (106 minutes: 2.95 fucks/min)
  8. Narc (2002), 298 (105 minutes: 2.83 fucks/min)
  9. The Big Lebowski (1998), 281 (117 minutes: 2.4 fucks/min)
  10. Tigerland (2000), 276 (100 minutes: 2.76 fucks/min)
  11. (tie) Fubar (2002), 274 (76 minutes: 3.60 fucks/min) / Made (2001), 274 (94 minutes: 2.91 fucks/min)
  12. Pulp Fiction (1994), 271 (154 minutes: 1.76 fucks/min)
  13. Reservoir Dogs (1992), 252 (99 minutes: 2.55 fucks/min)
  14. Dead Presidents (1995), 247 (119 minutes: 2.08 fucks/min)
  15. (tie) Goodfellas (1990), 246 (145 minutes: 1.70 fucks/min) / The Boondock Saints (1999), 246 (110 minutes: 2.24 fucks/min)
  16. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001), 228 (104 minutes: 2.19 fucks/min)
  17. True Romance (1993), 225 (120 minutes: 1.88 fucks/min)
  18. Empire (2002), 220 (90 minutes: 2.44 fucks/min)
  19. Scarface (1983), 218 (170 minutes: 1.28 fucks/min)
  20. Suicide Kings (1997), 207 (106 minutes: 1.95 fucks/min)
  21. American History X (1998), 205 (119 minutes: 1.72 fucks/min)
  22. 8 Mile (2002), 200 (110 minutes: 1.81 fucks/min)
  23. Magnolia (1999), 190 (188 minutes: 1.01 fucks/min)
  24. Belly (1998), 186 (96 minutes: 1.93 fucks/min)
  25. (tie) Donnie Brasco (1997), 165 (127 minutes: 1.29 fucks/min) / Shaft (2000), 165 (99 minutes: 1.66 fucks/min)
  26. Paid In Full (2002), 153 (97 minutes: 1.57 fucks/min)
  27. Snatch (2000), 153 (102 minutes: 1.5 fucks/min)
  28. Bad Santa (2003), 147 (91 minutes: 1.61 fucks/min)
  29. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut (1999), 146 (81 minutes: 1.80 fucks/min)
  30. The Commitments (1991), 145 (118 minutes: 1.22 fucks/min)
  31. Glengarry Glen Ross (1992), 139 (100 minutes: 1.39 fucks/min)
  32. The Blair Witch Project (1999), 133 (86 minutes: 1.54 fucks/min)
  33. Midnight Run (1988), 132 (126 minutes: 1.04 fucks/min)
  34. Jackie Brown (1997), 131 (154 minutes: 0.85 fucks/min)
  35. DDI, 130 (123 minutes: 1.06 fucks/min)
  36. Good Will Hunting (1997), 129 (126 minutes: 1.02 fucks/min)
  37. (tie) Cabin Fever (2002), 128 (93 minutes: 1.37 fucks/min) / Raging Bull (1980), 128 (129 minutes: .99 fucks/min)
  38. Gigli (2003), 123 (121 minutes: 1.01 fucks/min)
  39. Phone Booth (movie) (2002), 122 (81 minutes: 1.5 fucks/min)
  40. (tie) Chasing Amy (1997), 121 (113 minutes: 1.07 fucks/min) / Training Day (2001), 121 (120 minutes: 1.008 fucks/min)
  41. Dogma (1999), 120 (130 minutes: .92 fucks/min)
  42. Sexy Beast (2000), 117 (89 minutes: 1.31 fucks/min)
  43. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998), 114 (105 minutes: 1.08 fucks/min)
  44. SLC Punk (1998), 110 (95 minutes:1.15 fucks/min)

Groovy!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

just a few options...

While I (or, As I) was fucking him hard, the bed moved across the floor.

Fucking him hard caused the bed to move across the floor.

Anonymous said...

While I (or, As I) was fucking him hard, the bed moved across the floor. This is because the sticky part of the bed frame just wouldn't fucking stay in place!

.....(running for my life)

Blondage said...

Anonymous, good options. Thanks for playing! *grin*

Now, Broken Down Hooker, are you trying to get me to spank you? Don't think I won't just 'cause you make me laugh!

And I have a new paddle to do it with too! Yep, you'd BETTER run! This thing stings! I know from experience!

Anonymous said...

As I bow down and grovel before you, because I realize I am now in a very touchy situation, I BEG you t.....Well, I'll have to tell you later. Got my ex on the phone. Just told ex to get fucked. Ex has a speach impediment. Ex told me to "sticky up your ass!

........(fleeing for my now worthless fucking life!)

alix said...

if it was dangled in front of me...
i think i may have to plead the fifth on that one. ;)

Blondage said...

Ohhhhhh! You are SOOOOOOO TOAST!!!!!!!

*rummages through toy box*

Where did I stash that whip. *growl*

(very nice use of the F word by the way)

Blondage said...

(above was directed at that darn Hooker, not Alix! LOL)

Blondage said...

Alix, I like dangly bits.

;)

Blondage said...

Well, as long as they aren't droopy.

Anonymous said...

A thought...by the way, I promise to not use the word "sticky" anymore....(this post) but on the subject of droopage. After the first nine inches or so, who's gonna notice a little droop?

......Now where did I put my life?

Blondage said...

LOL Hooker!!!!!!

Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

Why not a Poe-esque take on the sentence?

"Thus I sat engaged in pressing, but no syllable expressing/
To the man, whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom's core;/
This and more I sat divining, with my back all arched reclining/
On the cushion's velvet lining that the lamplight gloated o'er,/
But whose velvet violet lining with the lamplight gloating o'er/
I shall press, across the floor!"

All credit goes to Edgar Allen Poe, whose poem, "The Raven", I merely changed some words in one of the stanzas. As a side note, how fucked up must I be to turn one of the most morbid poems ever written into smut? lol

Blondage said...

Rock on Mandelbrot!

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...