Monday, August 22, 2005

Chick Movie Night in the House of Blondage

I called The Other Half several times today to talk to him about this crummy-ass day I was having at work.

When I got home, I discovered he had stopped and bought a mushy chick flick DVD ("The Wedding Date") on the way home, popped open a bottle of my favorite red wine and had two glasses chilling, and had cooked a healthy dinner.

Now before you boys start thinking he's a puss...

He HATES chick flicks. LOATHES them. The fact that he actually bought one is a shocker.

He HATES to cook. He ESPECIALLY hates to cook anything remotely healthy, but he did it anyway to please me. He even dimmed the lights and lit candles (though they had to be extinguished due to the enthusiastic and destructive tail-wagging by our 95 pound golden retriever).

It wasn't the movie, ambiance, the wine or the meal that broke me out of my funk. It was the effort he made. The planning is what meant so much to me.

Remember that Flowers. When your own other half is having a tough time, do something unexpected, surprise them, do something special and show them how much you love them. Don't just tell them you love them. Saying the magic words is wonderful, but sometimes actions can mean more, say more.

As I was driving home, there was no frikkin way The Other Half was going to get lucky tonight. I was just too upset. But now........very shortly, I will be heading off to worship every bone (snicker) in that wonderful man's body.

xoxoxoxoxoxo
-b

7 comments:

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

You got that right! The other night, I screwed my husband until he couldn't move. Not many men know that they too can have multiple orgasms.

Kelly(Mom of 6) said...

Yes they can. Not all the time and not on demand. Things have to be just right...but they can. I guess not ALL men can...but there are a few that can.

Blondage said...

mmmMMMmmm......Kelly, you're a lucky lady. My Other Half has to have a bit of recovery time. Not too much, but a bit.

Poosh, how you do make me giggle.

Blondage said...

Ok, maybe not "funny" Poosh. Will you settle for cute?

;)

I get such pleasure out of annihilating spam. If I don't get some each day, my trigger finger gets itchy.

heheheheheheee

Blondage said...

Four spam messages in one morning. YEEEEE HAWWWWWWW! Bring it on you bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maeve said...

When we painted our house this weekend, I was afraid my dog Sam would "texturize" the walls with his tail.
He's only an 85 lb golden.
He likes to go surfing too.

Blondage said...

Texturize?!?!?!? LOL Maeve! My baby wouldn't just be painting with his tail. I can totally imagine him dipping his paws in and fingerpainting the house...

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...