"I don't treat my dog like that," 47-year-old Daniel Edwards said as he pointed at the woman in the wheelchair. "I buried my dog." He added: "You can do everything for other countries but you can't do nothing for your own people. You can go overseas with the military but you can't get them down here."
GRRRRRRRRRROWWWWWWLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!
First of all, Mr Edwards, if you had gotten out when you were told a frikkin category 5 hurricane was headed your way, would you be in this situation now? Nope.
Second, though it was downgraded to a category 4, this was a BIGASS HURRICANE. It caused, you know, like DAMAGE and stuff to roads, bridges, waterways....and it is extremely difficult to get any sort of aid to you, because of the HURRICANE.
Third, and most importantly, your fellow strandees are firing stolen guns at the very people who are trying to keep order and save your ass.
I am going to say something incredibly politically incorrect, and I apologize if I offend anyone's "delicate sensibilities".
Has it occured to anyone else that this is some sort of "natural selection" to ensure only the smarter members of our species survive?
25 comments:
Today's Darwin award goes to............Daniel Edwards
Darwin will eventually win. He always does.
Ted, I can't help it, I think some people are just born stupid.
Darwin award! Yes! *high fives anonymous*
You're cracking me up because Zoomer is bitching about the same thing. All us silly people are on the same page here.
Folks like Mr. Edwards, they can't possibly believe that no help is coming, can they? Or have they just been on the gov't teat so long that they are conditioned to expect an instant response, regardless of the circumstances. It's sad and scary what handout programs have done to our country. Knuckleheads. We know you're hurting and in dire straits...pull yourselves together, try the best you can to hold on, help IS coming.
As for the looters, the "Politically Correct" thing to do is to shoot them on sight. Those who take advantage of a disaster, natural or otherwise, to help themselves to "free" stuff (I'm not talking necessities, here)at someone else's expense are most likely to have had difficulty operating within the norms and laws of our society, anyway. I say good riddance.
LL, tell Zoomer I think my gmail is flipping out again. Grrr! I've been trying to email him but I think it's broken.
Hiya Crutch! *wide grin* You broke your blondage comment cherry! Woo hoo! Was it as good for you as it was for me? heheheheee
And Crutch Darlin', I agree with you 100%.
Crutch--welcome to the party!
I'm hoping martial law will give law enforcement/national guard "shoot on sight" ROE. Bastards.
I heard something on the radio about there supposedly being a sniper in N.O. Anyone heard anything about that yet????
Poosh---and what do you suggest we do with those who try to drag a big screen tv out of walmart? Or who are stealing drugs from pharmacies and hospitals. And who are SHOOTING at the police and guard who are trying to help the "good" people?
Pooshie, my problem is not with the innocents, like the kids and the elderly.
I can almost understand looting because people are needing food or water. It's not something I could personally ever do, but I can sorta understand it.
But I've seen footage of people looting televisions and stealing guns. They are then using those guns to rob, terrorize and highjack....
Lots of bad people in there. That place has gone to hell in a handbasket.
GMTA, LL....
wwwwhhhiiiizzzzz-that one went right over my head blondage. GMTA?
YUP! I thought of it loooong time ago. Let ol Charlie Darwin sort it out. I can't believe the stoooopidity of people today. And don't get me started on what to do with them fucktard looters. Jeeeez
LL - GMTA = Great minds think alike.
*high fives johndeerebilly*
*kisses Poosh on the cheek*
Blonde moment Darlin'. That's all.
Sorry Poosh, it was that British accent--it threw me off. ;) I thought I was going to have to take over blondage's job and come over there with the whip. Whew, I'm glad I don't have to because I'm not sure I could do that, me being so innocent, naive, and unschooled.
*snicker*
I'd steal anything I thought I could use later to barter or bribe with. Shoes, clothing, tires, radios, batteries, plates, cups, rugs, anything.
That's all assuming I was in an area I couldn't leave and thought would still have shit hitting fans several weeks later.
I guess that makes sense Will.
Other Half called me this morning and told me not to go to a gas station. He heard that people here in the Houston area are being harrassed for money by people claiming to be storm victims.
Scary.
Don't you have a pistol to take with you? I thought you were Texan. Gah.
1. New Orleans' mayor pointed out that the looters appear to be junkies looking for a fix (every city's got them), not the majority of folks in the city.
2. Do you folks seriously believe the crap you're spouting? Take a look at the gov't response last year to the Florida hurricanes. We had help there offshore before the storms, waiting to come in. This time, we're sending ships from Virginia and Maryland three DAYS after it happened. It might be selection all right, but it sure doesn't look natural.
Thank you Will, for having an intelligent comment. I hope the rest of you never have a natural disaster come your way.
Will, I don't carry a gun around with me, but maybe I can borrow on of Other Half's..
Bert, I had not heard your first point about who those people are. That does change my opinion.
Maybe I should do a post-script/update to this post. I watched a lot of coverage last night, and it DOES seem that the response hasn't been fast enough.
Bert, I am NOT heartless. My rant was primarily in response to that article that pissed me off so bad, which I read right after one where a muslim cleric was saying the storm was allah's revenge or some such nonsense.
I wish I could blame PMS. ;)
I do appreciate your input Bert.
Yep, I saw that too Pooshie.
I finally have time off this weekend (first day off in 18 days! argh!). Planning to get caught up on all the coverage I've missed the last two days in particular.
There's just so much going on. It's insane.
Well done!
[url=http://sqkennzg.com/rzge/egog.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vcpxtmdb.com/qkfi/gqzb.html]Cool site[/url]
Thank you!
http://sqkennzg.com/rzge/egog.html | http://nswedjbj.com/xkuo/iejv.html
Post a Comment