I have been told that I collect them.
My little lost birds.
I've met quite a few through the blogosphere, and the "sensitive cancer chick" in me thrives on nurturing them, restoring them to health, and turning them back in to the wild.
I am high as a damn kite from a recent success story.
Without going in to too many details....
I met this total sweetheart who had lost a bit of their confidence. I didn't do much. Mostly just listened, made a few suggestions, tried to change their focus....
And now...
I can feel the happiness and confidence leaping off my computer screen from their emails to me.
So, though I am a little sad that this particular little bird doesn't need me anymore, I am so damn proud I can't stop giggling.
So, here's to you, my dear friend.
"Times Like These"By Foo Fighters
Monday, September 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
6 comments:
Like the music! Found you at Fred & Wilma's. Thanks for sharing. Perversity rules!
LOL W.S.! Being a perv is definitely fun.....
:)
so, do we now address you as Dr. Dooalot?
(as opposed to Dr. Doolittle...get it?)
ROFLMAO Alix!!!!!!!!!!!
No no, the birdy doesn't feel as if he doesn't need you, swear to God. Things are going where he thinks they should, and you were part of getting him where he needed to be. And the birdy will always be thankful toward you, and value you and your friendship for as long as he lives. Trust me.
*wide grin*
Thanks Birdy.
Call me damnit!
Post a Comment