Monday, May 15, 2006

Ack!

I was going to post something this morning about my crazy weekend......but I heard something yesterday that so disturbed me that I am putting this in line ahead of that post.

There's this young girl in my extended family. Her father married in to our clan, so she is a step-something.

Her Dad was looking around on their family computer, and clicked on his daughter's folder.

He found pictures and videos of her having sex with her boyfriend.

The kid just FIFTEEN!

Holy merde. I barely knew what sex was at that age, and this kid is making VIDEOS?!?!?!?

I think she WANTED him to find them. She is not a stupid girl. She had to know they would be found. The whole family uses that computer!

Gawd I feel old.

7 comments:

Suze said...

Evie, unfortunately the age of innocence seems to be lost these days.
She probably did want him to find them, kids like to shock their parents sometimes. I remember trying to shock my parents by swearing, how times have changed.

Admittedly 15 is too young, I hope they are practicing safe sex and not putting these images out on the net.

Unknown said...

It sounds like a cry for help to me. How sad... not that I'm a rose-coloured-glasses girl; I know kids are having sex younger and younger (I have two teenaged sons) but the fact that the movies/pictures are being made is really scary given the ease with which they can be disseminated all over the world via the Internet.

FortuneCookie said...

Details matter.

Cookee make video when 14! LOL Don't tell, though, cannot ruin image.

Jason said...

If she did want to be discovered, a cry for help, then she is acting like teenagers of generations past when they want help or attention. The technology today is different. For the male's sake, he better hope is isn't older than 18. If he is, he's going to have to have a chat with the police.

Blondage said...

It is definitely a different world from the one I grew up in. Crikey. I don't know how you parents stay sane. I'd be so scared all the time!!!!

Oomph.

Anonymous said...

Teenaged videos are the reason I don't have a webcam on the downstairs computer. More privacy = more temptation. The only webcam in the house is also not working at the moment and not high on my priority list of things to fix. Less trouble that way. But borrowed digicams with movie capability are easy to come by, so who can lock things down completely?? Nobody. We can just hope the monkeys have enough common sense or very little opportunity until their brains start firing on all 8 (4 in this age of imports??) cylinders.

Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

That's very sad, and I only pray some perv doesn't get ahold of it or that it doesn't make the rounds online. You may want to suggest that she be forced to watch Dateline tomorrow night to see exactly what could happen.

As far as Sgt. Smart Ass, I don't know who he is or if he frequents this place as a lurker, but is he always such a festering sack of shit?

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...