Approximately five minutes ago....
Evil Blonde: So.....are we swingers now? *wiggles eyebrows*
The Freak: *laughs*
Evil Blonde: Well, your story more than implies it. *grins*
The Freak: I dunno. *hugs the blonde*
Evil Blonde: Well....I'm open to the idea if..... *pauses, stares at The Freak*
The Freak: *laughs and kisses me*
Evil Blonde: It could be fun ya know.....
The Freak: *smiles* Yes it could. *wink* We'll see.....
So Flowers....what do you think of this subject? Do you think you can maintain a happy, healthy relationship while introducing other partners in to the mix sexually? I've read several blogs by couples who are in to it (Fred and Wilma, wherever you are, I miss you!!!) that seem to be happy.
Do you draw a line somewhere? Participation with others together, but not separately? When does it move from swinging in to open marriage territory? Is open marriage more dangerous emotionally? Or can anything work as long as you keep the communication open and are 100% honest with each other?
Do you believe polyamory is a possibility? Can you be in love with more than one person? If you are in to swinging or an open marriage, is it ok to love someone in addition to your spouse? How does all this work? I realize of course that no two relationships are going to be exactly the same. I guess I am just trying to wrap my mind around any possible outcome, be it good or bad. I certainly don't want to fuck up my happy marriage.
Whoa. I am having flashbacks to when I first discovered BDSM. I read every book I could find on the subject before I tried anything. Now I have a blog to help me with my depraved research.
I heart the blogosphere.
So....whaddya think Flowers? Is this territory too dangerous? Is it worth the risk to fulfill your deepest fantasies? Or are some things just better left in fantasyland.....?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
8 comments:
I think some people can and some people can't and its usually a trial by error kind of thing. I don't know if I could do it well. I could probably do it, but I think there would be more bumps than would be worth it. Kink and play might be different than sex.
Not much of an answer I think, but the only one I have.
Goose
Open marriage does seem a little more dangerous, emotionally. But I agree that good communication is essential.
(psst, did you see my post on swinging a while ago?)
Evie, it's a question of horses for courses. In other words it depends on how emotionally stable you are as a couple.
There is also the jealousy aspect which I believe causes the most problems with this kind of sexual activity.
I personally volunteer if you're over in the UK. ;)
Funny you bring this up. CS and I had the same conversation this A.M. I've known several couples who have tried it, and it totally fucked them up and now they're divorced. Same thing with her. I don't think of myself as a prude, but I just don't think it's healthy - or a good idea at all. But that's just me.
Break it down logically. What do you gain by doing it? Different. You don't want better. Better leads down a wicked road. What do you lose by doing it? Potentially, your marriage and your mate. Is different worth it?
I've been obsessing about this.
Thank you all for your input.
I feel lucky that Freak will consider just about anything I throw at him with an open mind.
Suze....I hope to take you up on that one day. *purrrr*
Shay, I really want to read that post. Will you send me a link?
From a sociological standpoint, various forms of polyamory have occurred and continue to occur in various forms around the world. For example, polyandry is not uncommon at all in Tibet, and few here are unfamiliar with polygyny in the Middle East, illegally in isolated conclaves in the U.S., and elsewhere around the world with a variety of legal statuses.
From a philosophical standpoint, my only concern is that no fraud, coersion, or other form of force used in this or any other relationship. As for whether or not it can really work, that depends on the individuals involved, and the definition of "working". I'm not convinced it is wise in many, or for that matter, most, cases.
Very well written! Based on the content of your blog, I think you might enjoy some of the articles at my ann summers sex toys site and hope you will give it a peek.
Post a Comment