Wow.
I have seen at least a thousand concerts in my life, and I have NEVER seen anything as sad and disturbing as the Fiona Apple concert we saw last night.
Where do I start.
How about with an impersonation???
*grunt, flail, rock-back-and-forth* "I hate men. I hate men. I hate men. My boyfriend cheated on me. I hate men." *flop, fling, stomp*
BDS and I walked out to the seating area and Fiona, aka The Third Olson Twin, was shrieking at the top of her lungs. Literally SHRIEKING! We sat down, and she continued to shriek and yell through the entire song. We were stunned!
Her voice, that I used to dearly love, barely resembles what you will hear if you click on any of the videos in the post below.
She used to sound sexy and kinda smokey. Now it sounds like she has blown her voice. When she tries to belt, she sounds like she is doing a Joe Cocker impersonation.
Perhaps it is all that shrieking...
At one point she was playing piano and leaned over and spit on stage. GROSS!
Then she sat in the center of the stage, curled up in a ball, and rocked back and forth like a crack addict in need of a fix.
She kept making all these weird noises and grunts. People were literally LAUGHING and leaving in droves. It was the most pitiful thing I have ever seen.
I don't know if it was drugs or booze, but Girlfriend needs an intervention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
13 comments:
She's probably having fits from low blood sugar.
Some one give that skeleton a Big Mac!
Wow...
I have to say I'm glad I didn't pay to go. It is so sad when musicians turn to drugs and it ruins them. Especially when they turn to drugs and forget about food. But we've never seen a fat crackhead now have we? ;-)
How sad though...really truly sad.
Yes, it definitely sounds like drugs and its sad that people who PAID to see this had to be disappointed by her performance as well as her behavior. Hey maybe you should give reviews more often :)
That's crazy - I'd have been pissed if I'd paid for a ticket...
UGH
What a disappointment for you. How terrible. I think a refund is in order. This isn’t the only singer I have heard people talk about. Many put on poor shows after they are more popular. I don’t go to concerts but I have heard this from people who have gone.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) meow hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one
Pardon me, but I f'd up my last comment. Anyway, as I understand it she's been through a bit of trauma, unfortunately for her she hasn't been able to cope with it and lets it ruin her. I remember a SPIN (I think) interview with her about 10 years ago where they showed a series of photographs of her sinking into a couch like she wants to curl up into a ball and hide. Poor girl.
That's a shame. I really like some of her music. She has (had?) a great voice. Some singers seem to be able to function through their problems though.
I've seen David Wilcox three times (excellent bluesy rocker), and most of the times he's been so wasted that handlers had to help him get onto the stage and up to the microphone stand, but once he's up there, man did he ever belt out those tunes!
Yeah she did suck pretty bad. But I wouldn't be so concerned with the spitting thing I am sure she swallows!
*smirks* OH my did I say that? *grins*
She sounds like a female Trent Reznor on the other foot, it's rumoured he feels the same way about women.
Sounds like a wild show. Blondie sent me.
Cheers
At least back in my day the bands could rock and roll whhile taking drugs and drinking black jack. These young ones don't know how and they did not pay they dues becoming big stars. Look back at Waylon, Willie, the Stones, Doors, Allman Brothers, they all did there share of drugs but also made great music doing it. Those days are gone forever, Cat
I hope the tickets weren't too expensive. What a rip off! Maybe she is on both. In that case her manager should have cancelled the concert.
Excellent, love it! » »
Post a Comment