Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Addiction.

I mentioned before that real life (my job) is keeping me away from blogging. I am pretty sure my absence is also related to all the damn vicodan I've been taking for my messed up shoulder/rotator cuff. Lately I have been losing interest in pretty much everything -- work, music, home stuff.....even this blog that I love so much.

After much thought, I am 100% sure now that the reason I had to stay home sick from work yesterday was withdrawels, not a virus. Damn vicodan. It's amazing how fast I got hooked. I only took it for a little over two weeks. I was only taking it at night, but still. WHAMMO! Hooked!

Just damn.

Despite the migraine and the shakes and the woooooziness, I feel better. I can actually THINK!

My shoulder is on frikkin fire, but that's ok. I'd rather feel human and in pain than like a numbed up vacant zombie. No more vicodan. Ever.

5 comments:

Mandelbrot's Chaos said...

The important thing is that you recognized it early. I don't have any direct experience, but I'd wager it's a lot easier to kick it two weeks in than it would be a month or two or longer down the road. I wish you a speedy recovery, and have posted a video as a shout out to you. Maybe that'll get you to feeling better. :)

Unknown said...

So glad you were able to nip it early - from what I've heard, it can be one nasty addiction...
Hugs...

Blondage said...

M Chaos, I think you're right. A week or two more would have been even harder to kick.

It sure is nice to be able to stay awake. *grin*

Loved the vid you posted.

Lisa, I've heard that too. I'm lucky I figured it out and got off the stuff. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Scientists should synthesize endorphines for pain killers. Just as addictive but not a PERMANENT addiction ... or maybe not ...

I vote for endorphins.

GNDTX

Maeve said...

If you don't want the vicodin, I'll HAPPILY take them off your hands.
No, seriously!
I jacked my back up pretty good this time.
Ugh!

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...