I've never been good at it -- letting go.
I still have the first vibrator I ever bought. It doesn't work, but I still have it. Not because I plan to use it again. It's the memories associated with it. The history. My first Dom made me buy it. I was in my twenties...
Have I told this story???
I went to this toy store, having never been to one in my life. I walked around until I found the wall o' vibrators. I quickly chose one, and basically ran to the counter to check out. The lady at the cash register sent me to a separate counter, because someone had to put batteries in the damn thing to make sure it worked. I go over to this counter, trying not to pass out from embarrassment, and there is a drag queen waiting for me. Yes, a drag queen, in full, fabulously dramatic makeup, dressed like a gothic vampire, sitting there grinning at me. I hand her the vibrator case. She ooos and ahhhhs, takes it out, pops batteries in it, sets it on the frikkin glass counter, and the damn thing makes this awful noise that resembles a chain saw as it spins, yes, SPINS, rapidly in a circle.
At this point, I thought I was going to hyperventilate. There's other customers gawking. The fabulous drag queen is laughing her ass off...
Finally, the naughty thang takes pity one me and grabs the rotating source of my embarrassment, giggles at me, pats me on the head, takes the batteries out, and sends me back to the cashier with a sticker on my vibrator box. (that sounds pervy!)
Eventually, I saw the humor in that story, and of course, I fell in love with the feel of a vibrator......so I have kept the damn thing, despite the fact it has been broken for like, ever.
I form attachments to things.
Sometimes it is an inanimate (well, it USED to be animate) object like a vibrator.
I still have the outfit I was wearing when I met The Mister, despite him telling me years later he thought it was very Stevie Nicks-ish.
Books and music are things I can never let go of.
Concert ticket stubs, backstage passes....
I could list a thousand examples if bed wasn't calling me.
I've got something in my life that has been important to me for a long time that I don't want to let go of. In typical me fashion, I am beating myself up, doubting my decision making abilities, second guessing myself, wondering if I have lost my mind.
I want to keep it. Watch over it. Cherish it. Keep it safe and keep it close.
I've never been one that knows how to let go. Damn astrological sign. Grrrrr.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
10 comments:
I bet you a dollar that I can come up with a time and place when you really enjoy "letting go."
Bwahahaha!
Heh.
Those kind of attachments can be harder than bricks. Though not as dramatic (nor interesting) I still have almost every concert t-shirt I bought, the oldest being 13 yeras old and now are tearing apart. That's going to suck, I don't want to lose my Ramones t-shirt to age.
Weird how that happens huh? I keep shitloads of stuff, but my biggest problem is books. I can't get rid of the things, I always think I'll want to come back and read them again.
But your vibe story is by far and away the funniest thing I've read all day. thanks for sharing it!
LOL Alice! Well yes, there is that.
Ahem.
;)
Jason, harder than bricks. Yep, good analogy. I think it's totally cool that you have a Ramones tshirt by the way. I don't collect concert tshirts much anymore, but I admit I do have a few that I am not willing to part with.
Roy, you should see the stacks of books hiding in various corners and closets in my house. Crikey. I definitely have an issue with getting rid of those.
And that vibrator story STILL makes me blush. LOL!
Hee hee - I thought I was strange because I'd kept my first vibrator! (same thing - stopped working about 4 years ago *sob*)
Books are another problem for me. I moved 2000km driving only my little hatchback and yet I still managed to bring over 70 books. I've left 400+ at my mum's and the ex has another hundred or so of mine. (for that matter - i have a hundred of his!)
my worst thing is charity-promo stuff... Pins, badges, pens, ribbons, earrings, red noses (Red Nose Day is to support research into SIDS & Cot Death)- i have a shoebox full!
i think being a "hoarder" is in my blood... my parents are the same as is my sister.
i will get around to getting rid of those books one day - i promise!
hey can I finally blogroll you again now?
Livey, that would be fabulous! Thank you!!!!!
Storm Rider, I guess it's just a chick thing. *grin*
Cuddleslut, I hope you are fairing ok with those scary storms heading your way. Be careful down there!
Great work!
[url=http://vqblmkjo.com/zycc/oarl.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xqmhgeep.com/xjid/dgcy.html]Cool site[/url]
Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit
Well done!
http://vqblmkjo.com/zycc/oarl.html | http://afesojqq.com/jmog/ezmv.html
Post a Comment