My cell rings......the sound of Luke's theme explodes from my favorite Coach....
You know the music, right?
Original Star Wars movie...
Luke has put the droids to bed, he stands staring at a sunset with that incredible John Williams theme soaring...
Everytime I hear it, I cannot help but smile.
I love the theme, but the smile is not for the music.
It's about what the theme represents to me now -- a phone call from my husband.
I'm still groggy.
Have I mentioned a time or twenty that I am not a morning person?
I answer, happy to hear his voice, despite my typical morning grouchiness.
We chat about our schedules for the day.
We discuss my messed up shoulder and my gym time for the week.
We talk about how he feels. He's been pretty sick lately.
We chat about how sad I am about the recent death of one of my oldest blogosphere friend's father...friends going through divorces....my recently-back-from-Iraq marine friend who has been going through an incredibly rough time, yet remains funny, happy and strong...my tough as nails girlfriend and the surgery she is having tomorrow morning...
We discuss how truly good it feels to be there for someone that you care about at just that moment when they need you the most...and how amazing it feels when people that you know, some well and some perhaps not so well (yet!), stick up for you and stand by you.
We talk about how lucky we are that we chose this particular location in our neighborhood, so that we could live next door to such fun, wacky, kind (and sexy as hell) people.
It's a conversation with every emotion in the spectrum thrown in there at some point. He talks me all the way to work. I feel like I can face the day.
And then.....
Blondage: *happy sigh*
Other Half: I love you (nickname deleted)
Blondage: I love you too (nickname deleted).
Other Half: Will you do me a favor love?
Blondage: Sure babe.
Other Half: *absolutely deadpan* Try not to have any phone sex today, ok?
Blondage: *doesn't miss a beat* I'll try not to suck any dick on my way to the parking lot either.
(movie reference....can you name it? *grin*)
......and Blondage tried to hold it together....but broke up and laughed...and laughed.....and laughed even harder when she heard Other Half cracking up...
No comments:
Post a Comment