(I flashed the blog on Thursday for the first time in ages. Did you miss it? Scroll down to previous post.)
After a majorly shiteous week, I was sooooo grateful for 5pm Friday to come. I got home about 5:15pm, called my Sweetpea, and he tells me he is going to be working late (like, 10pm kind of late).
While on the phone, I see a lizard on one of my kitchen chairs. I tell hub I am going to release the lizard in to the wild. He laughs. We hang up.
I'm girly. I don't touch bugs, lizards, or anything that slithers about without legs. I do think lizards, especially this one, are cute though.
So.
A dilemma.
How do I save the lizard? How do I get him out the door without touching him?
Ah HA! I've got it!!! I will drag the chair to the door. He will leap off on to the grass, and my good deed is done!
I open the door, drag the chair over, and that little green varmit just sits there, blinking at me.
"SHOO!", I yell.
No reaction. Nada. Zilch.
"Do you want to get eaten by the dog?!?! SHOO! SCRAM! You must ESCAPE!", I yell.
Well this just isn't working.
I try pushing him off the chair with a magazine.
He moves about an inch and just blinks at me.
Bugger.
I need a new plan. The dog is getting curious. I don't have much time left.
Ah-HA! I've got it! If I drag the chair outside and tump the chair on it's side, THEN he will jump off!
So outside go me, the lizard and the chair, quickly followed my 100 pound golden retriever. Apparently Lars has some business of his own to take care of.
I'm tumping, shaking, rolling that damn chair, and the lizard is just looking at me like "Huh? What? Can I help you, you deranged lady?". Perhaps he had been inhaling the neighbors' weed smoke. This was one seriously laid back lizard.
At this point, I'm really getting frustrated.
The dog senses it, and gallops over to investigate. He sees the lizard, and tries to eat the damn thing. GRRRRR!
"YOU WILL NOT KILL THIS LIZARD! BACK! BACK, YOU BEASTIE!"
I push the dog inside, and pull the door shut.
I go back to work on the lizard, and finally, FINALLY, he gets tired of me and meanders down the leg of the chair and head's off to hunt for bugs (surely he has the munchies from all that weed smoke, right?).
Whew. Thank god.
So, after about 30 seconds of feeling rather pleased at myself, I go to turn the knob on the back door.
It won't turn. Why isn't it turning? What the......
Oh. My. Gawd.
I have locked myself outside of my house. Hub won't be home for at least four hours. Fuck!
Ok, maybe the neighbors are home. I need a phone. Get to a phone.
Apparently all of my neighbors went out at the same time, because NO ONE is home.
I go back in to my backyard to sit on my kitchen chair and think. The dog is freaking out because he can't get to me.
The events of the day, events of my awful week, ALL OF IT, hits me like a freight train. I fucking LOSE it.
The dog is crying INSIDE the house. I am crying OUTSIDE the house.
What the hell do I do? *sob*
I stand up, and eye the chair.
If I throw the chair through the window, will hub be angry? Will Lars get hurt by flying glass? Will I cut myself? Probably so.
I'm starting to shake. I think it's the cold. Yeah, it's the cold. Sure.
I wander back around and sit in my driveway. I sit there for a loooooong time. I notice the moon is full.
It's official. I'm cursed.
I'm staring up in to the sky counting some balloons that are floating across the night. I vaguely remember wondering who the heck was releasing balloons in the dark...?...I wonder if they have a cell phone...?...when......The Wee General (next door neighbor, physical trainer, occasional make out partner) finally drives up.
"Blondage??? Uhmmm.... Why are you sitting on your driveway in the dark staring at the sky?".
I sob.
She freaks.
"C-c-c-c-can I p-p-p-p-lease use your *sob* ph-ph-phone?"
"Blondage! WTF is WRONG!!!!"
"The lizard. I saaaaaaved it from the jaws of d-d-d-death!"
"What?!!?!"
"The dog! I s-s-s-saved it *sob* from the dog *sob* and I shut the DOOR!"
"Blondage, I'm lost."
"I'm locked out of the HOUSE!".
She looks at me.....jaw drops.....I can tell she is fighting a smile....
"You are locked out of your house because of a......lizard?"
"Yes. *sob*".
"Wine. You need wine."
Soooo.....she drags me in to her house, I call my husband and beg him to rescue me, and TWG forces wine down my throat.
Hub shows up about 45 minutes later. I see him, and immediately burst in to tears, yet again. He hugs me. I can feel him laughing, so I pinch him. He pets me, and calms me down.
I start at the beginning, and tell my tale of woe. We figure out that I was locked outside for almost three hours.
I babble. I cry. He manages to only laugh twice, but he looks like he is in pain.
With a look on his face that is one part sympathy, one part irony, and two parts humor.....he informs me that the lizard would have been safer inside the house. The next day he plans to mow the yard.
My stubborn, stoned lizard...
...that I SUFFERED for...
...that I bawled my eyes out over...
...who completely traumatized me...
...was probably (weed) whacked and hacked to death about an hour ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
14 comments:
OMG that is totally something that I would have done.
Heat filled words, then a flash, and now a poor dead lizard story to tug on our emotions. What is next?
Rock on!
I mean this in the nicest way possible... You are such a goof!
Is it bad that I'm laughing right now?
Glad you're safe, hon.
Hello!
I found your blog on the search it is very interesting.I like
your posts. I have a blog too. It is http://www.sextoyz.in. I
hope you will like it.
Also I would be happy to exchange links with you!
Please mail me if you are interested.
Waiting for your reply.
--
Best regards,
Nat mailto:web@sextoyz.in
hehe, I'm still giggling about that. Not about your traumatization (good word huh?), but about the lizard. I still think maybe he wandered over into the neighbor's yard and is happily eating bugs and thanking God that the silly blonde woman cared enough to let him outside. ;)
you are so freaking cute...yer sweet pea was nice only to laugh at you twice ;)
Lovely story sweetie! Well written and making everyone laugh! Yep you needed wine. Reminded me of one...
Got the newspaper one morning and unrolled it, and a lizard was inside. Right in front of me on the table. Naturally I let out a little scream inside the quiet house. Then was quiet as my sleeping boyfriend was startled awake and asked what was wrong. I was watching the critter that I DO NOT TOUCH either! He thought I was under attack and came to my rescue like a knight in shining armor!
*Bites Lip*
Ohhh don't beat yourself up. This stuff happens. Next time grab it by its tail and toss it out. It won't bite you. I promise. If you trust your neighbors well enough give them a key to your house.
Awwww Hugs Honey!
Oh! Poor little lizard!
*giggle*
i will *hee* NOT *heehee* laugh! bwahahaha!
you silly thing! it must be the lizards. i literally saved one from my fluffy dog's mouth (dog slobber, euw!) and tried to set the little bugger free. he just latched on my finger like i was just another tree and stared at me. you just know there's a reason the dinos are extinct.
soooo...does this mean you were doin' it like the discovery channel? ;)
Wow, I feel like such an asshole. I just let my cat get the lizards.
I know I know. I'm an uber dork.
*dramatic sigh*
Post a Comment