Thursday, April 10, 2008

First impressions

Last weekend, we met my family at the farm in East Texas. My cousin Kay is a lesbian, and she took her wife Jan and their two kids up there for the weekend. They all just moved to Texas from Colorado, and I haven't spent quality time with Kay in like...15 years, and I'd never really met her family.

So.

We start hanging out, and me and the Lezzie wife totally hit it off. We had a total blast together, and I wound up taking her and the two kids off on our fourwheelers and driving them up and down a field through massive mud puddles. It was insanely fun.

Jan's little boy says to her "Mom, that Blondage sure is fun. I can't believe she likes to get all muddy. She seems like she'd rather read a book!"

Jan's little girl says to her, "Mom, I can't believe Blondage works at a concert venue. She seems like she'd work at a bank!".

Jan tells my cousin Kay, "I can't believe how cool Blondage is. She's in to bondage, and she likes chicks??!?!".

The point?

Looks can be deceiving.

I use my persona to my advantage.

And it's the "quieter" ones who tend to be full of surprises.

5 comments:

just some dude said...

People tend to think that I'm shy when they meet me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

haha, that is SO true!!! :)

GREAT post!!

xox

Jason said...

The quite chicks, with glasses are the ones you want to end up in a hot tub with later on in the evening.

Blondage said...

JSD....they think I'm shy too. *wink*

Stealth, thank you gorgeous. *cops a feel*

Jason, still waters run deep and all that. *grin*

Anonymous said...

All family reunions could use a little Blondage...

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...