Sunday, August 03, 2008

Aftermath

Post IUI (artificial insemination) procedure, I keep doing this......thing.

I quiet down.

I close my eyes.

I take slow deep breaths...

...and do what I can only think to call a "systems check".

Do I feel any different? Is anything strange? Do I have any pregnancy symptoms?

It's hard to say for sure at this point.

My doctor told me to expect to feel bloated regardless of whether the procedure worked or not.

I definitely have a tummy ache, and I do feel kinda bloated.

My boobs are pretty frikking sore, but they were sore the morning of the procedure too. Apparentely that happens when you ovulate.

I'm exhausted, but I have worked a ton of hours, so that is no surprise.

Everything is kind of explainable at this point.

Hmmmmm.

I don't "feel" pregnant. Part of me is already trying to soothe myself over the procedure not working.

But....

Then my nipples start hurting worse, and my tummy feels all weird, and I think to myself, "Well....maybe there is a tiny chance after all"....

This is going to be a loooooong couple of weeks.

6 comments:

courtney said...

Good luck, Blondage.

Blondage said...

Thank you Courtney! :)

just some dude said...

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

good luck girl!

Blondage said...

Thanks JSD. *smooch*

Gracias Southern Sage.

:)

Supercock said...

Wow, good luck. My ex and I went through several unsuccessful attempts, and I know how hard it can be. I wish you all the very best.

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...