Superbowl.
I wanna vent about the damn superbowl.
First, some good stuff.
Things meant to appease us chicks who get stuck watching a game they are not interested in -- great sales on beer and sodas at the grocery store, some fun commercials (Emerald Nuts cracked me up), emotional opening when all the MVP's of the past Superbowls came out (I know BBF was spazzing over Jerry Rice, that girl is madly addicted to "Dancing with the Stars"), emotional story pregame about one of the Iran hostages and what a particular superbowl game meant to him.
And now, the IRRITATING stuff.
I thought Aaron Neville and Aretha Franklin absolutely SLAUGHTERED the national anthem. It was like nails on a frikkin chalkboard for me. Did you see the poor players and crowd trying to sing along to that? Oy. Can't you just SING the darn song?!?! It's hard enough to sing it as it is. Knock off the frikkin vocal acrobatics. Grrrrrrrowl.
And HALFTIME. Why why why do they always pick CRAP for halftime? The Rolling Stones? Yawn. Big fat yawn. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of their music....but eeeew. Why does halftime always suck ass? I mean, damn, the most exciting half time in years was the one in Houston a few years ago, and that was just because Janet Jackson flashed everyone (wardrobe malfunction my recently spanked ASS). Who selects these people? Seriously!!!
And dumb commercials.....ok, the monkies were funny the first time, but once was enough. That Jessica Simpson one was just dreadful. I hated the Godzilla/Robot commercial where they had a hummer baby (I realize it puts me on the same level as a 12 year old boy, but the word "hummer" makes me laugh my ass off despite the commercial being lame). A couple others got on my nerves too, but I am a bit too tipsy at the moment to remember 'em.
Anyways.
I'm just so OVER the Superbowl. It's over-blown, over-rated, over-produced. I WANTED to get sucked in to the game. I truly wanted to enjoy it, but blah. Sure, the score is close as I type this (14-10) which would lead one to think the game was decent. But, Blah.
I'd rather watch that kickass UT/USC game again. College football is the shizzat.
Did I really just use the word shizzat? Oh gawd. I must be drunker than I thought.
MEDIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*hiccup*
Is it time for Grey's Anatomy yet?
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
2 comments:
When has Aaron Neville ever done ANYTHING interesting. Isn't he from New Orleans? I thought this was all Detroit talent.
I fell asleep before it was over.
GNDTX
An American....always with the vast right wing conspiracies.
*giggling*
The FEMA comment killed me though. Most excellent!!!! *high five*
Yes, I watched the actual game until my eyes started crossing. The refs definitely sucked.
Poor little innocent neocon. Wanna borrow one of my paddles? *Grin*
GNDTX, I passed out too, but I think it was as much from alcohol as it was from boredom. hehehehe
Post a Comment