I spent the entire day yesterday working myself in to a major frenzy of "The First Fertility Shot".
I scrubbed bathrooms that were not dirty.
I reorganized a closet that was already perfectly orderly.
I took two bubble baths.
I tried and tried to work off some of that nervous energy, but I just could NOT calm down.
You have to understand, I have a MAJOR fear of needles. It probably stems from childhood. I had to have stitches in my forehead, and I was strapped to a "papoose" board. I also get anxiety attacks if I feel "trapped" (under covers especially)....
But that is enough self-analysis for now...
So...
6:30PM. It was time for The Shot.
And I started shaking.
And shaking.
And crying.
And I totally freaked the fuck out.
My poor sweet husband was trying to hard to do his part, and I was NO help whatsoever.
He finally stuck me.
I felt him move the needle around (he has to pull back the plunger to make sure he doesn't hit a vein) and I about passed out.
He did it though.
DESPITE my state of hysteria.
I cried when it was coming, but I cried even harder when it was over. Relief I suppose.
You know what he did?
He bought me a wee surprise, hoping to coax a smile out of me.
We both love the movie "Finding Nemo". He has teased me about being "Dory the Delay Fish" ("you're the kind of fish that causes delays") for years.
My shot spot has a tiny little Dory bandaid on it.
It worked. I smiled.
Just keep swimming...just keep swimming.....just keep swimming swimming swimming....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
9 comments:
shameless plug:
http://seriouslydie.blogspot.com
ain't i hot?
I am so happy for you...go swimmers...
and uh...don't forget... I want one if you have 7 ;)
I love you and I know it will work out...you are in my prayers!!!
more of your boobies are exposed on the interwebz
more of your boobies are exposed on the interwebz
Next time you have an abundance of nervous energy, my house needs some serious cleaning.
;-)
Jason, that was sooooooo wrong. LOL! BRAT!
lol@ Jason!!
come play with us!!!
I dig your new layout btw.
Post a Comment