I'm strong about some things. Very strong, in fact.
I am almost to the end of an incredibly amazing (and occasionally crushing) ten year journey for children. I am going to make it out alive, mostly in one piece, and will soon be holding not one but two tiny little miracles.
I can handle amounts of physical pain that would crush an average person.
I suppose the same may be true in regards to mental anguish and trauma.
I can handle just about anything as long as I can wrap my mind around "The Why".
...my body hurts because of thing A...
...my fever is caused by thing B...
...this horrible thing and that horrible thing are caused by thing C...
...the other pregnancies failed because I was destined to be M and L's Mother...
...I feel semi-crazy because of the drugs or the hormones, etc...
...blah blah blah, and so on....
What trips me up is when I don't have answers, either about a thing, a person, or myself.
- Why is it so easy for others, but so difficult for me, to let go?
- How could I allow this or that random person get to me like that?
- Why am I so damn sensitive?
- Why can't I hold pieces of myself back?
- What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
I obsess over the things I do not understand. Occasionally it works and I have some sort of an epiphany. The epiphanies are comforting, but tend to be rare. Mostly, I just torture myself over never knowing The Why, when I should be happily drowning in The Now.
Grrrr.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
6 comments:
African or European?
Patrick, you beat me to the Monty Python quote...
Grr.
I heart Monty Python.
Dear, dear, blondage, I have a surprise for you in that I know the answer to all of your "why" questions. The answer is simply that you are normal...at least as far at these questions go ;}
And now for something completely different.
The velocity of a swallow depends on how drunk she is. Oh wait, you said unladen. Nevermind.
*grin* I adore you Mal.
Since everyone has beaten me to the Monty thing, I'll go for serious.
I teach my kids that when they hit a math problem to always draw a picture.
When they get to any other kind of question that baffles them, not to wonder at their lack of an immediate answer but, rather, to examine and, perhaps, reformulate the question.
The answer is, generally, always contained in the question...you just have to formulate it correctly.
And, just so you know, if the swallow was African and was also ladened with coconuts, such as my squire Patsy is using, why they, the swallows, would achieve terminal velocity in under one minute as swallows can't really carry very much weight and, thus, would, basically, auger in...mimicking the flight characteristics of an unpowered f-4 over two (or so) miles of vectored flight. Q.E.D.
You're welcome.
Mr. Upton Ogood
Post a Comment