I had my assistant and the Cougar tell people around me (several hundred co-workers), politely but firmly, to leave me alone. Don't hug me, don't touch me, don't ask me about my miscarriage, just leave me alone, give me some space, and let me get over this. Some people of been respectful of my request. Most have not.
"I just can't help myself, I have to hug you. There (hug, pat pat), isn't that better?".
As a matter of fact, no, it is not better.
Few people are respecting my wishes or my boundaries, and I feel like I am about to explode.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
8 comments:
I think people are hugging you because you are normally an open and friendly gal.
Maybe you could put a sign on your desk or door that says, "I appreciate you thinking of me, but please don't ask."
If I were semi close to you I would say, "I heard. I'm sorry. If you ever want to talk, I'm here." and that would be the last time I brought it up unless you did.
"This too shall pass."
Ummm, people who do that shit are selfish cuz they're doing it to make THEMSELVES feel better. You are allowed to rip them a new one. Most of them would be forgiving anyway AND you won't have to put up with that shit.
Heart ya, sugar.
I have had people come to me today asking what to do. My comment has been, "Don't do anything, but if it makes you feel better, just send a nice, short email welcoming her back to work." That's it. I think people just love you and feel so bad they don't know what to do. They're almost frantic. Even though it's annoying as hell, at least they care about you! :) Just not as much as *I* do. ;)
I missed this earlier. I'll give you space, but big hugs await you.
We'll all be here when you're ready. To talk, or not.
So, any good bands coming around soon?
Yeah, what LL said. Rip away.
OMG, I'm so SORRY. I'll leave you alone, but I will think about you. If I was a prayer guy, you'd be tops on my list. Hang in there baby...
Post a Comment