Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sleep is over-rated. :)

It's late.....or early, depending on your perspective I suppose.

Hub has moved a chair and table for my lap top in to our bedroom for me. He's out cold, and I am sitting near the TV, half watching a movie while I surf around the net. Have you guys ever seen "Frailty"? It's the only Matthew McConoughey (sp?) movie that I like. If you haven't seen it, you should! I love the twist....

I don't sleep much these days. My doctor jokingly says it is God's way of getting me ready to be up all night feeding two babies. Technically, the insomnia is due to a combination of extreme surges of estrogen that apparently make me wired like I've had six cups of coffee, and being just plain uncomfortable. And then there's the twins.... Kick kick kick squirm kick thrash BAM kick kick BAM mosh punch kick kick BAM! It's pretty impossible to sleep through two little boys using one's ribs as a xylephone. I realize that sounds like a complaint, but it's not really. I feel sorry for you men. You will never get to feel what it is like to have a child or two bouncing around inside you. Even when my little rascals wake me up, it makes me giggle.

Soooo.....it stinks being tired and all, but I kind of like my new routine.

I'm alone Monday through Friday during the day unless I have my weekly Dr visit. When my husband gets home, I am so happy to see him. We have dinner, we talk, we hang out, we watch a movie or some TV. It's really fun. When we go to bed, as soon as I lay down, the boys start thrashing. Hub snuggles up to me and puts his hand on my tummy. We stay there for a while, just enjoying feeling the boys squirm and punch and kick, and then hub drifts off to sleep.

This is the point in my night when things get realllly interesting.

I never knew this before my insomnia attacks. I suppose I used to just sleep through it. Ya know what???

Hub talks in his sleep.

A lot.

Like, every night, as far as I can tell.

Weird!

The first couple times I answered. I assumed he was talking to me. He never replied in a way that made sense. I'd wait a while, and then I'd hear a snore. I can understand him about half the time. Last night I had fallen asleep, and I woke to this loud, obnoxious crinkling sound. I asked hub what the heck he was doing. He said he was sleeping. I asked him if he was eating smartees (he has some on his nightstand) and to please put the candy down, but he continued to eat it. Finally he sort of woke up and stopped. This morning he looked at me funny and asked if he dreamed that he woke me up by eating candy. NOPE! LOL.....

I keep an eye on him at night now. Maybe he is one of those people who go raid the fridge in their sleep in the middle of the night? Who knows. :)

6 comments:

Texas Ghostrider said...

Sounds like your having fun with the hubby and his sleep talking. how funny. enjoy your two little ones!

Jason said...

I'm glad you're doing okay. You take care of yourself!

DestructiveCriticism said...

So Blondage is up all night and the story ends with hubby eatin' candy?

Is candy a pervy metaphore?

A cutie that slipped into the bed and joined you two?

((giggle))

Well, if that's the case... I'd love to eat some candy late in night in bed too!!! WooHOO!!

Blondage said...

Candy! LOL!

Yes DC. Blondage is, in fact, awake right this very moment and bored to fracking tears!

Coug said...

How many layers of candy was there???

Mal said...

Those hormones must be some powerful brain candy to get you to watch McConoubong. We had a deal. He gave away the drums and I won't crash his parties or thrash his movies anymore. It is working so far.
I quit lookig for his stash and am now gunning for an anonymous photo op together where he does'nt recognize me.
Maybe at XMAS, I can dress as the ghost of writer's past and get him a real script for a change, I will throw in some acting lessons..

That would be easy compared to buying for blondie's boys.... Are the registered at D/S Mart?
SHOP SMART, SHOP D/SMART
It is where I got my BoomStick!


Is it too late to throw out random names for consideration?

In all seriousness, I wish you all the best and that when your twin whirlwinds touch the ground, they bring you a 6 flags style, wild ride on your smaller belly, ready bosom and wide open heart..

I can hear thier first mispoken words of hunger, "Milf,more Milf. Me Mommy milf!

keeping the blog alive...

Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...