I am still on bed rest, and could go in to early labor at any time really, but we are scheduled for a c-section on July 28th.
That's crazy, is it not? Six weeks max.....
There's an illustration here that shows what my boys look like at this point. I'm at 32 weeks, and my doc is determined to get me to 38.
The boys are a little over four pounds each, and kicking the daylights out of me. My favorite thing is when "Baby A" head-butts me. I can literally feel his round little head rubbing against my belly. Of course, the husband likes to say I am feeling Baby A's butt rubbing on me and not his head, but I know from the ultra-sound that hub is wrong. lol...
I look ridiculous these days. I'm officially up twenty pounds from my "procedure date" last November, but I lost twenty pounds in the first tri-mester. I consider myself up by forty pounds, but my doc still says twenty pounds. Whichever amount it is, it is alllllll belly, and boy is that getting hard to carry around. I miss being able to just BREATHE...and don't get me started on the joys of insomnia.... Ugh....
But.....I'm happy.
Hub and I talked in bed last night for a loooooong time about the sense of "awe" we are feeling as we get closer and closer to meeting our babies. Our tenth wedding anniversary is this September, and we were pretty close to just giving up. We've had a happy life together, and I know we would have continued to have a happy life together without biological children. We love each other very much. This journey of ours......all the ups and downs and misfires along the way..... I swear it has made the end result so much sweeter that we are just beside ourselves with joy.
I love my little babies so much already I feel like I am going to just explode.
(...and if you could see my belly, you'd probably think I meant that literally....lol)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
keeping the blog alive...
Blogger deleted my political blog (rest in peace, "Realitively Unbalanced"), because I wasn't logging in often enough. No way ...
-
(scroll down to the previous post for this week's Half Nekkid Thursday pic!) I bet you thought by the title I was going to talk about ...
-
'cause I like him there so much. *innocent smile* New posts will appear below him...mmmMMMmmm...*slaps hand* Bad girl.
-
My phone rings. "blondage, I have an idea...." When my dear friend "The Schoolgirl" gets her wheels turning, I know I...
-
I talk about my sex life a lot, but I don't talk about the "rest" of our relationship very much. Have I ever told the story of...
-
My blog hits have gone from a high of 150,000 a day to about 200 a week. Crikey. I really appreciate the few of you out there who haven'...
-
As I listen to the words of my latest addiction, a song called "Sex on fire" by a band called Kings of Leon, my mind begins to dr...
-
I was on my bed on my tummy messing around with my camera.... ...when The Freak I Married snuck up behind me and basically pounced! He is l...
-
Mmmmmm.....I went lingerie shopping this week and took pictures in the dressing room. *wicked grin* Which three do you think I purchased? Di...
-
I have a happy life. Honestly, it's everything I ever wanted and ever dreamed of. But..... Why do I feel so......lonely? It's so STU...
4 comments:
awe how sweet. enjoy your bed rest now because when they come it will be few and far between sleeps!
Thanks TX G. :)
I keep hearing the first 3 months or so are very hard, but I'm ready. Bring it on!
*happy sigh*
My wife and I had fraternal twins. they are almost 9 now. Be prepared for the inevitable question, "are they identical?" We have a boy and a girl, and I still hear the question.
Good luck!
TX Heater, that is hilarious!
Post a Comment